M.Ed. Admission Eligibility
Eligibility for Master of Education / M.Ed can vary from University to University.
- As per NCTE, candidate who have 50% or more in their Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) are eligible for enrolling in M.Ed. in Regular mode. B.Ed. degree for the applying candidate should be from a UGC approved University and from NCTE affiliated College.
- On the Other Hand, Reserved categories SC/ST/Disabled get 2.5% – 5% of relaxation in qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have completed B.El.Ed. (Bachelor of Elementary Education) from a Government University with 55% marks can also apply for the M.Ed. Admission.
M.Ed. Admission Process
Admission in Master of Education programme is mostly based on Entrance test by the concerning Universities.
Entrance Based Admission : It helps in streamlining the students from different states or educational background. Student should be eligible for Entrance exam conducted by the University. Entrance exam eligibility is based on the last qualifying degree. The merit list is prepared on the basis of student’s performance in Entrance Exam. Final Admission is done on the basis of Merit list only. By far this is the most efficient and widely used mode of admission.
Online counseling based Admission : Some Government and private Universities take M.Ed Admission on the basis of online counseling where merit list is prepared on the basis of last qualifying degree.
There are some Universities/Colleges which can take Direct admissions in M.Ed. as well.
We are already working with more than 24 M.Ed colleges since 2012. and have best colleges available for our students.
- We provide all the updates to each and every student via call / Email / Whatsapp.
- Updates like Admission form date, counseling dates, last dates for M.ED Admission, Documents Required for verification, migration certificate process, scholarship process.
- Students will be provided all the information with detailed Dates information when they visit our branch.
M.Ed. Course Subjects/Curriculum
M.Ed. is a 2 year programme. M.Ed. curriculum has been divided into total of 4 semesters. Here Student learns a wide variety of subjects, Philosophy of Education, Introduction to Educational Research, Sociology of Education, History and Political Economy of Education, Psychology of Learning and Development. M.Ed. students need to study both Theory and practical practices
Subjects of M.Ed. Course are mentioned below semester wise.
Other than the Theory and Practical Examination, M.Ed. curriculum also includes an Internship program of 28 days in a school.
First Semester Subjects
Psychology of Learning and Development
Historical, Political and Economic foundations of Education
Introduction to Educational Research
Internship:Teacher Education Institute (Phase-I, Three Weeks) – Practical
Communication and Expository Writing – Practical
Self Development – Practical
Second Semester Subjects
OPEN Elective: Understanding Sociology
Foundation Elective: Psychology of Everyday Living
Philosophical Foundations of Education
Sociological foundations of Education
Pre-Service & In-service Teacher Education
Internship: Teacher Education Institute (Phase-II, Three Weeks) – Practical
Academic Writing – Practical
Third Semester Subjects
Institutional Planning and Management (Elementary / Secondary Level)
Issues, curriculum and Assessment (Elementary / Secondary Level)
Advance Educational Research
Perspectives Research and Issues in Teacher Education
Internship in Specialized Area (In School; 28 Days) – Practical
Fourth Semester Subjects
Advanced Curriculum Theory
Pedagogy of Science Education
Pedagogy of Mathematics
Pedagogy of Language Education
Pedagogy of Social Science
Approaches to Assessment
Educational Policy, Economics Planning
Educational Management, Administration Leadership*
Information, Communication & Educational Technology*
Guidance and Counselling*
Dissertation – Practical
M.Ed. Course Scope or Future Advantages
- Master of Education programme provides in-depth knowledge of Child Psychology, Education and mythologies used in School Environment. After successful completion of M.Ed. degree, a Candidate is already a super candidate out from the crowd. He/ She can easily apply for a Teaching Job in Good School in Government or Private Sector.
- After completion of M.Ed. Degree Student can apply for a teaching job as a Full time Teacher in School or Assistant professor at college. The other options available for a M.Ed. degree holder is Trainer of Soft Skill, Headmaster, counsell
- MA (Education) and MEd will be considered equivalent degrees for the appointment of Assistant professor.
What’s Next After M.Ed. Course?
After M.Ed., a candidate can apply for work at Senior School or can Apply for Principal’s position for promotion and salary advancement. or He/ She can work at College as Junior Professor or Assistant Professor or Librarian.
Student who want to want to get higher studies for better opportunities can opt for PhD form one of the top Universities here.
I am in class 10th and had kind of already decided on my stream in class 11th but wanted the right guidance on career options. upNext’s Career Assessment report not only confirmed my stream choice but also gave me a clear guidance on what career options are best for me and how can I pursue these careers.
I was in final year BE and was confused between a career in IT or MBA. upNext’s Career Assessment report clearly showed how Eng./Advance science and IT were top suited professions for me and to do an MBA, what all skill gaps I had. I also got the right courses to fill in the skill gaps on upNext’s platform
My career as a B.Com was completely stagnated. upNext’s Career mentorship program run by Stanford and IIT/IIM grads provided me end to end guidance starting from right CV to B.Com interview preparation courses. Thanks to upNext I got into a business consulting role with a leading MNC.
I always wanted to study abroad and explore the world, but I didn’t know how to start with the procedure. I came across upNext and since then it has been a smooth journey, they actively handhold me right from the university shortlisting, applications, financial counselling to Visa process. The Team is very supportive and generous enough and be available there throughout the process. upNext is the right place if you are planning to study abroad.